Pharmaceutical and Healthcare supply chains are unlike any other. They include high levels of complexity with zero room for error.
Here are 6 tends shaping Pharma Logistics.
- Pharmaceutical manufacturers are tackling the logistics issues of our time – disruptions, cost, quality, sustainability.
- They are shifting the focus from primary costs to Supply Chain as a Service (ScaaS)
- Healthcare companies are taking a strategic approach to prioritizing, monitoring, minimizing, and controlling logistics risks.
- They are making a greater commitment to supply chain transparency and internal data sharing.
- Pharmaceutical supply chains are looking for new inventory models that rely less on just-in-time strategies and more on safety stocks.
- They are standardizing predictive planning at every stage of the supply chain
- Pharmaceutical distributors are bringing ocean to the forefront of multi-modal freight systems.
- They are integrating and strategically aligning the different modes of transportation
- Logistics providers are putting the industry’s special logistics needs (operational and strategic) at the center of everything.
- They are enabling rapid responses to unforeseen changes with simple, standardized processes.
- All stakeholders in Pharma logistics are reducing manual interactions and optimizing efficiency, agility, and the use of paper with integrated digital platforms.
- They are seeking to gain greater control over sensitive shipments by enabling timely interventions.